Two-component silicone elastomer, when mixed at ambient temperature results in a flexible, elastic and with excellent mechanical properties product. Ideal for making molds. Includes catalyst CAT-431.
Available in various sizes.
From 21,72 € + VAT
Two-component silicone elastomer, thst after mixing at any ambient temperature cross-links to obtain a final product that is flexible, elastic and with excellent mechanical properties.
This item includes RV491 elastomer resin + CAT-431 catalyst
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS of the elastomer
- Appearance: Fluid paste.
- White color
- Viscosity at 25ºC: 30000MPa · s
- Density at 25ºC: 1.10 Kg / m3
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES with CAT-431 catalyst
- Mix ratio (Elastomer:Catalyst): 100: 5
- Working time at 25ºC: 3 hours
- Demoulding time at 25ºC: 22 hours
- Hardness (Shore A): 22
- Breaking strength: 40 Kg / cm2
- Elongation resistance: 350%
- Tear resistance: 22 Kg / cm
To get a good use of the RTV-491 the following points must be observed.
1. Use a clean and dry container to intimately mix the base and the catalyst, with manual or mechanical stirring, avoiding incorporating air into the mixture.
2. Obtaining molds without internal voids advises to de-aerate the mixture.
3. The pouring of the mixture must be done with caution to avoid the incorporation of air, which would lead to the formation of bubbles.
Available in 1Kg and 5Kg silicone cans with the necessary amount of catalyst.
Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. May cause allergic skin reaction. It is suspected of causing genetic defects. May impair fertility or harm the fetus. Causes damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure. Toxic for the acuatic organisms, with lasting noxious efects